Asian Voices - Duke through the Decades
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 05:00 pm - 06:00 pm EDT
Virtual Zoom meeting
615 Chapel Drive
Durham, North Carolina 27708
Learn more & Register
In order to move forward, we must better understand our past. Join our Duke Asian Alumni Alliance (DAAA), Duke Black Alumni (DBA), Duke University Hispanic/Latino Alumni Association (DUHLAA), and Duke LGBTQ+ Network as we reflect on the history of Asian alumni at Duke through their eyes. Representing various generations and backgrounds, our alumni panelists will share their personal stories about identifying as Asian and how the experience at Duke has changed over time.
Our program will feature:
- Laura Heilenday '06, M.B.A.'12, Vice President of Marketing, Authority Brands
- Chun Lam ’71, M.B.A.’74, Ph.D.’77, P’00, Emeritus Professor of Finance, Southern Methodist University
- Philip Lee ’96, Professor of Law, UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
- Anya Ranganathan ’17, Founder, General Manager at Bad Apple Produce
- Shruti Desai, Associate VP of Student Affairs, Campus Life (moderator)
The recording of this program is available here.
Duke Asian Alumni Alliance (DAAA)
The Duke Asian Alumni Alliance (DAAA) is dedicated to building a unified Duke Asian/Asian-American community.
Duke Black Alumni (DBA)
DBA is an organization dedicated to maximizing the success of the University’s current and future Black alumni.
Duke University Hispanic/Latino Alumni Association (DUHLAA)
DUHLAA is an organization dedicated to serving the Hispanic/Latino community at Duke.
Duke LGBTQ+ Network
The Duke LGBTQ+ Network is dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) community of the university. The Network welcomes alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of Duke.
Over 16,000 Duke alumni building a community of impact in the tri-state area