Chris O’Neill ’95
Duke Leadership Conference/Alumni Education Experience
Date: Thu, June 29, 2017 11:30 am - Fri, June 30, 2017 9:00 pm CEST
Price: $75 per person
SAP Deutschland Walldorf and Europäischer Hof Heidelberg
Learn more & Register
Duke alumni, students, parents and friends are welcome to come together for a celebration of the volunteerism and lifelong learning which are quintessential elements of our shared experience. The program will be inspired by both the cutting edge atmosphere of the headquarters of SAP and the history and romanticism of Heidelberg. Presenters will include faculty, staff and alumni from Durham and Europe
You may join us for all of the sessions or just those which fit your schedule.
- Our first day will be the 2017 Duke Leadership Conference for Europe. Duke volunteers are key to our regional presence, serving as ambassadors, organizers, energizers and mentors. You uphold Duke traditions and make the power of the alumni network come alive for the whole community. Whether you volunteer on behalf of “big Duke” or offer your support directly to your school or other affinity group, this program is for you. Join us for an exciting day of programs that introduce key university staff, and share new ideas for future engagements. Most importantly, you will have the chance to network with and learn best practices from volunteers from across the region. Our content and format will make this a useful experience for everyone from the most seasoned to our newest volunteers. Not currently an active volunteer , but interested in being more involved or creating alumni engagement where you live? Join us!
- On day two, we will delve into a series of thought-provoking encounters. Your love of learning didn’t stop when you graduated - and neither did your pursuit of new ideas and inspiration. Explore the history and culture of beautiful Heidelberg with fellow Duke alumni, students, parents and friends. Our program, presented by Duke faculty experts, will provide a distinctly Duke Forever Learning experience.
Registration fee: $75 per person (approximately €71), includes program, meals and guided tour
- You may join us for all of the sessions or just those which fit your schedule. You can choose sessions as part of registration.
- Round trip ground transportation between Heidelberg and SAP will be provided.
- Rooms at a reduced rate at the Hotel Europäischer Hof will be made available if there is sufficient interest. Please indicate your interest on the event registration form or to email@example.com. Deadline is May 1.
Duke alumni building a community of impact in France
Duke alumni building a community of impact in Germany
Duke alumni building a community of impact in Greater London
Duke alumni building a community of impact in Russia
Duke alumni building a community of impact in Spain
Duke alumni building a community of impact in Switzerland
Duke alumni building a community of impact in Turkey
Event Refund Policy
Event Cancellation by Sponsor
The Duke Alumni Association (DAA) reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.If DAA cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event. Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder. Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number. Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment. These above policies apply to all DAA Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.