POSTPONED: Around the World with Duke Global Health
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 | 06:30 pm - 08:30 pm EDT
Karsh Alumni and Visitors Center | Events Pavilion
2080 Duke University Road
Durham, North Carolina 27708
Learn more & Register
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
To protect the health of our alumni, parents, students, faculty and staff, Duke Alumni Association (DAA) is following Duke University guidelines to cancel, reschedule or reformat events and meetings through April 20, 2020.
We hope to reschedule this event or plan a similar event at a later date.
Read more about the DAA events that will be impacted.
Read more about Duke University’s Response to COVID-19.
Take a virtual trip around the world as you explore Duke's impact on global health. At this interactive event, you'll learn about projects being led by faculty, staff and students with the Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) in different parts of the world, including:
- Southeast Asia, where a Duke-led team is working to detect viruses that could become threats to humans,
- Uganda, where an interdisciplinary team of students, faculty and staff are helping improve outcomes for neurosurgery and neurology patients,
- India, where Duke is part of an international effort to invent a better toilet for parts of the world that don’t have access to safe sanitation,
- Peru, where Duke environmental scientists are working to protect villages in the Amazon region from infectious diseases water contamination,
- Kenya, where experts in digital health are using a chatbot to help pregnant women and new mothers get support for perinatal depression,
- And in Durham, where global health students are addressing the social determinants of health outcomes for local patients.
As you visit each location, you'll have the opportunity to meet team members, hear about their work in the field, and see some of the tools they use to bring better health outcomes to people around the world. You'll also hear about the many partners Duke works with across the globe—and how these collaborations lead to innovative ideas to improve health for everyone, no matter where they live.
Join us and take a trip around the world with DGHI!
Nearly 20,000 Duke Alumni building a community of impact in the Triangle area
Duke Global Health Network
Duke Global Health Network engages, connects, and celebrates alumni and students focused on global health challenges.
Duke Healthcare Network
Duke Healthcare Network engages, connects, and celebrates alumni and students focused on healthcare and related industries.