Group Admin FAQ: Group Sections
Group sections are built to breakup the content in digestible content blocks. There are 7 sections available for Group admins to enable.
- The Group links section allows group admins to add links to other content, websites, or support URLs.
- The Social block is used to highlight the group’s social media URLs and in addition this section can feed your twitter account.
- The Members block highlights a few members of the group who have been online recently and promotes a quick way to search the membership of the group.
- The Related Groups block identifies groups that group admins have identified as similar in function, information, or objectives.
- Upcoming Events section is used to highlight events that this group has sponsored or is tagged to be interesting to your membership.
- Announcements are newsworthy items added by Group Admins to serve as pertinent to the members or visitors.
- The Class-notes section displays notes about Marriages/Commitments, General, Educational News, Obituary/Memoriam, Personal Accomplishment, Publication, Professional News, Birth/Adoption, Award/Honors that alumni have recently added to their profile.
To enable to disable these sections, as a Group Admin:
- Login to the site
- Navigate to the group
- In the admin menu click on “Edit Group” (only group admins will see this option)
- Scroll down to the “Sections”
- Check the options to enable that section.
- Scroll to the bottom and press “Save”