Professor Emerita of Political Science
Ancient Traditions of Japan’s Inland Sea
Including Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Gyeongju, South Korea Aboard the Five-Star, Small Ship LE SOLÉAL
Date: Tue, April 18, 2023 - Sat, April 29, 2023
Trip Status: Taking Waitlist
Price: From $6,995
Activity Level: Moderate
Region: Asia & the Far East
Arrangements: Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Experience the timeless splendor of Japan and South Korea on this unique itinerary, featuring a seven-night cruise across the full length of the historic Inland Sea of Japan, plus three nights at a deluxe hotel in Kyoto. Enjoy port calls at captivating points of interest, including seven UNESCO World Heritage sites. From enchanting Kyoto to storied Hiroshima, to Miyajima and the Buddhist wonders of Gyeongju, South Korea, relish in the awe-inspiring beauty of these historic ports of Japan and South Korea. Extend your voyage with Tokyo Pre-Program and/or Osaka/Nara Post-Program Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Osaka, Japan/Kyoto
- Kyoto/Himeji/Embark Le Soléal
- Sakaiminato for Matsue
- Ulsan, South Korea, for Gyeongju
- Moji, Japan
- Uno for Kurashiki/Okayama (Koraku-en Garden)
- Osaka/Disembark ship/Depart for the U.S. or Canada/ Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
- Visit to Kyoto’s renowned historic monuments of Kiyomizu-dera, Ryoan-ji, Kinkaku-ji Temples and the impressive Tokugawa-era Nijo Castle.
- Guided visit of the verdant grounds surrounding Himeji Castle, the world’s finest surviving example of 17th‑century Japanese castle architecture.
- Visit to Hiroshima’s compelling Genbaku Dome Peace Memorial.
- Excursion on Miyajima to tour the sixth‑century Itsukushima Shrine and see the iconic Great Torii Gate.
- Walking tour of Hagi’s old samurai quarter featuring visits to the Kikuya House and Toko-ji Temple.
- Excursion to the Adachi Museum of Art featuring Japanese modern art and perfectly landscaped gardens known as “living Japanese paintings.”
- Excursion to historic Gyeongju, South Korea, the cradle of the Silla Kingdom, with visits to Bulguksa Temple and the Royal Burial Mounds at Tumuli Park.
- Tour of Moji, featuring visits to the Akama Shrine and the Karato Ichiba Fish Market, specializing in fugu.
- Visit to the famous Japanese strolling garden, Koraku-en.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-684-2988