Anne Murnick Cogan Professor Emerita of Art and Art History
Antiquities of the Red Sea and Aegean Sea
AMMAN • PETRA • LUXOR • THE PYRAMIDS • SUEZ CANAL • ALEXANDRIA • SANTORINI • ATHENS
Date: Tue, November 2, 2021 - Mon, November 15, 2021
Trip Status: Waiting for the brochure
Price: From $7,995
Activity Level: Active
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Spend three nights in Amman to visit Greco-Roman Jerash and one night adjacent to the “rose‑red city” of Petra. Visit the mythical island of Santorini, follow in the footsteps of nomadic Bedouins across dramatic Wadi Rum. Mid‑cruise, overnight in awe-inspiring Luxor in a Nile-view room and enjoy a specially arranged visit into the tomb of Queen Nefertari. Stand in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza, the only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World. Visit the newly opening Grand Egyptian Museum, which will house 4,000 of King Tutankhamen’s treasures. Tour Alexandria or Cairo’s Egyptian Museum. Six‑night The Holy Land Pre‑Program Option and two‑night Classical Greece Post-Program Option.
Day 1: Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2: Amman, Jordan
Day 3: Amman
Day 4: Amman/Jerash/Amman
Day 5: Amman/Petra
Day 6: Petra/Wadi Rum/Aqaba/Embark ship
Day 7: Hurghada, Egypt/Disembark ship/Luxor
Day 8: Luxor/Valley of Kings and Queens/Hurghada/Reembark ship
Day 9: Ain Sokhna for Giza (Great Pyramids, Great Sphinx and Grand Egyptian Museum)
Day 10: Suez Canal transit
Day 11: Alexandria or Cairo
Day 12: Cruising the Mediterranean Sea
Day 13: Santorini, Greece
Day 14: Athens/Disembark ship/Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary is subject to change.
In Amman, Jordan
- Three nights in the Five-Star Fairmont Hotel.
- Full buffet breakfast each morning.
- Welcome Reception.
- City tour of Amman, with a visit to the ancient Citadel and Roman Theater.
- Full-day tour in Jerash to see its stunning Greco-Roman ruins, with lunch.
Transfer from Amman to Petra.
- One night the Mövenpick Petra, ideally located adjacent to the site’s entrance.
- One lunch, one dinner and one breakfast.
- Walking tour of the fabled “rose-red city” of Petra,¤ one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, to see the Treasury and colonnaded street.
On Board the Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Small Ship Le Jacques Cartier
- Eight-night cruise from Aqaba, Jordan, to Athens, Greece.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Blue Eye—the world’s first luxury, multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge.
- Overnight visit to the awe-inspiring, ancient city of Luxor, with accommodations in the deluxe Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel, including lunch, dinner and breakfast.
- Guided tour of Luxor, site of the ancient Pharaonic capital of Thebes, with visits to the grand pharaonic temples of Luxor¤ and Karnak,¤ circa 1570 to 1070 B.C.
- Visit to Luxor’s west bank, featuring the fabled Colossi of Memnon, the Valley of the Queens¤ and the Valley of the Kings,¤ including visits to the tombs of Kings Tutankhamen and Ramses IV and a specially arranged tour of Queen Nefertari’s tomb.
- Specially arranged excursion in Giza to see the Great Pyramids¤ and the Great Sphinx.¤
- Visit to the Grand Egyptian Museum, which houses the 4,000 treasures of King Tutankhamen, opening in late 2020.
- Transit of the Suez Canal, a rare opportunity.
- Excursion in Alexandria featuring the brilliant Bibliotheca Alexandrina and 15th-century Qaitbey Fort on the site of the Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the lost Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, or an excursion to Cairo to tour stunning Sultan Hassan Mosque.
- Tour of the Greek island of Santorini, frequently invoked as the site of mythology’s lost city of Atlantis, featuring a visit to the excavations of Akrotiri and the renowned Museum of Prehistoric Thera.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988