Voyage Under The Midnight Sun; Exclusively Chartered Five-Star L’AUSTRAL
Date: Tue, June 9, 2020 - Fri, June 19, 2020
Trip Status: Waiting for the brochure
Price: From $6,995 plus air
Activity Level: Active
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Voyage through the pristine beauty of the Arctic Circle on this unique 11-day itinerary featuring an extraordinary seven-night cruise on the Five-Star, eco-friendly L’Austral, exclusively chartered for your expedition. Visit during the region’s most enchanting season, when shimmering ice basks in the midnight sun’s constant glow. Sail the shores of secluded Spitsbergen, the jewel of Norway’s seldom visited Svalbard archipelago; see glaciers crease and calve in luminous blues; and look for the “King of the Arctic,” the polar bear. Survey an ethereal topography of red sandstone mountain ranges, lush green tundra and awe-inspiring ice formations and enjoy Zodiac excursions led by a team of expert naturalists in diverse, serene terrains, where remarkable wildlife—including whales, walruses, seals, Svalbard reindeer, Arctic foxes, northern fulmars and Arctic terns—roam freely. Complimentary Wi-Fi and alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise. The program’s round-trip flights to Longyearbyen originates in Paris; spend one night each in the deluxe Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel before and after your Arctic cruise. Extend your expedition with the Normandy/Rouen Pre-Expedition and Paris/Giverny Postlude Options.
- Depart from the U.S. or Canada
- Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France
- Paris/Fly to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Norway’s Svalbard Archipelago/Embark L’Austral
- Hornsund for Burgerbukta/Samarin Glacier
- Bellsund for Calypsobyen and Camp Millar
- Cruise the Arctic Ice Pack
- Woodfjorden/Monaco Glacier
- Raudfjorden for Smeerenburgbreen
- Ny-Ålesund/Kongsfjorden for King’s Glacier
- Longyearbyen/Disembark ship/Fly to Paris, France
- Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary is subject to change.
- An 11-day itinerary featuring an extraordinary seven-night Arctic.
- Cruise the shores of secluded Spitsbergen, the jewel of Norway’s rarely visited Svalbard archipelago (slightly smaller than the state of West Virginia) and a dramatic island of sweeping contrasts and abundant wildlife.
- Ocean-view accommodations aboard a Five-Star expedition ship, most with a private balcony—simply the optimal cruising experience.
- Explore Spitsbergen’s protected fjords, bays and shores, where glacial sheets meet alpine peaks, red sandstone mountains and lush green tundra.
- Cruise to seldom-seen areas in search of the polar bear, “King of the Arctic.”
- Remarkable wildlife—whales, walruses, seals, Svalbard reindeer, Arctic foxes, northern fulmars and Arctic terns.
- Zodiac excursions led by an expedition team of naturalists with expertise spanning marine biology, ornithology, glaciology, conservation, history, photography and lectures aboard ship on natural wonders and wildlife.
- Spontaneous opportunities for small ships to adjust course in order to maximize wildlife sightings.
- Includes flights round trip between Paris and Longyearbyen.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship (satellite reception permitting).
- Best time of year to cruise the waters of Spitsbergen, under the midnight sun!
- Normandy/Rouen Pre-Expedition Option and Paris/Giverny Postlude Option.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988