Cruising the Baltic Sea
From Copenhagen, Denmark, to Stockholm, Sweden, featuring acclaimed guest speaker Lech Wałęsa Aboard LE CHAMPLAIN
Date: Tue, August 1, 2023 - Thu, August 10, 2023
Trip Status: Waiting for the brochure
Price: From $6,695
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Discover the legacies forged by centuries of Baltic history with visits to six countries and two notable guest speakers. By special arrangement, hear from Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and former President of Poland Lech Wałęsa. Explore the cultural rebirth of the Baltic states with excursions to Gdańsk, Poland; Visby, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; and Tallinn, Estonia. Enhance your journey with the Wonders of Norway Pre-Program and/or the Splendors of Stockholm Post-Program Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Copenhagen, Denmark/Embark Le Champlain
- Christiansø Island/Bornholm Island
- Gdańsk, Poland
- Visby, Gotland Island, Sweden
- Riga, Latvia
- Day at Sea
- Helsinki, Finland
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Stockholm/Disembark ship/
- Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Visit the ruins of Hammershus Castle at Bornholm Island.
- Tour of Gdańsk, the cradle of the solidarity movement, its historic Gdańsk Shipyard and Old Town.
- Walking tour of Visby, a former Hanseatic city on the island of Gotland.
- Experience Riga in the city tour and visit the St. John’s Church.
- City tour of Helsinki featuring a visit to the subterranean Temppeliaukio Church.
- Walking tour of Tallinn’s Historic Old Town and 11th-century medieval quarters.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988