Stephen A. Toth Professor of Marine Biology; Chair, Marine Science & Conservation Division, and Director, Duke Marine Lab
Cruising the Canary Islands and Morocco
Aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship LE DUMONT-D’URVILLE
Date: Wed, April 12, 2023 - Thu, April 20, 2023
Trip Status: Taking Reservations
Price: From $5,595
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrangements: Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Explore the stunning natural beauty of the Canary Islands and treasures of the rose-pink cities of Morocco on this one-of-a-kind journey, featuring scenic coastlines and idyllic ports rarely visited by larger vessels. Visit La Palma’s Mirador de la Concepción for spectacular views of Caldera de Taburiente. Discover iconic Casablanca and enjoy full-day excursions to the island of Tenerife and Teide National Park, the 1,000-year-old city of Marrakesh and the ancient city of Fez. Enhance your journey with the Las Palmas Pre-Program Option and/or the Casablanca Post‑Program Option.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Arrive Las Palmas, Grand Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain/Embark Le Dumont-d’urville
- Santa Cruz de la Palma
- Los Cristianos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Day at Sea
- Safi, Morocco, for Marrakech
- Rabat for Fez
- Disembark ship/Casablanca/Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Excursions in every port, featuring four UNESCO World Heritage sites, scenic coastlines and idyllic ports rarely visited by larger ships
- Visits to La Palma scenic Caldera de Taburiente and the Mirador de la Concepción for spectacular views of the “Pretty Isle.”
- Full-day excursion to Tenerife, renowned for its Spanish colonial architecture and the stunning scenery of Mount Teide in UNESCO‑designated Teide National Park, with a visit to the 15th‑century colonial town of San Cristóbal de la Laguna.
- Full-day excursion to the 1,000-year‑old city of Marrakech to visit the Medina, the 12th‑century Koutoubia Mosque and see Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, including lunch.
- Half-day cultural immersion in Casablanca Hassan II Mosque.
- Full-day excursion to the ancient city of Fez, one of the most completely intact Islamic cities in North Africa.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988