Cruising the Great Lakes
Aboard the Exclusively Chartered Five-Star Small Ship LE CHAMPLAIN
Date: Thu, September 30, 2021 - Thu, October 7, 2021
Trip Status: Taking Waitlist
Price: From $4,995
Activity Level: Moderate
Region: North America
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Explore the vast breadth of the Great Lakes during this eight-day travel program. Enjoy a seven-night, exclusively chartered cruise through all five Great Lakes, admire the beautiful landscapes and visit towns rich in maritime history and natural splendor from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Toronto, Ontario. Experience the delight of the Victorian character of automobile-free Mackinac Island. Tour the historic towns of Sault Ste. Marie on both the Michigan and Ontario sides of St. Marys River, including visits to the Museum Ship Valley Camp and the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Center. Visit Sault Ste. Marie’s mighty Soo Locks and experience the thunderous power of Niagara Falls. Enjoy a guided tour of the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan, with an indoor-outdoor collection of American automobiles. Cruise aboard the newly launched, Five-Star, small ship Le Champlain. This luxury ship features only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony. Choose to extend your journey with our exclusive Chicago Pre-Cruise and Toronto Post-Cruise Options.
- Depart home city/Arrive Milwaukee, WI/Embark Le Champlain/Cruising Lake Michigan
- Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Marquette for Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore/Cruising Lake Superior
- Sault Ste. Marie (Michigan and Ontario)/Cruising Lake Huron
- Tobermory, Ontario/Georgian Bay
- Windsor for Detroit and Dearborn, Michigan/Cruising Lake Erie
- Port Colborne, Ontario, (Welland Canal) for Niagara Falls/St. Catharines/Toronto/Cruising Lake Ontario
- Toronto /Return to home city
- Seven-night cruise through the five Great Lakes from Milwaukee to Toronto, visiting historic islands and quaint towns rich in maritime history and natural splendor.
- An excursion included in each port and specially arranged lectures on board.
- Delight in the Victorian character of automobile-free Mackinac Island.
- Visit Sault Ste. Marie’s mighty Soo Locks.
- Experience the thunderous power of Niagara Falls.
- Relax in the fishing town of Tobermory and enjoy its scenic autumn vistas.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five‑Star small ship Le Champlain, newly launched in 2018.
- Only 92 Suites and Staterooms—each with a private balcony!
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Chicago Pre-Cruise and Toronto Post-Cruise Options.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988
Mode of Travel
- Seven-night cruise from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Toronto, Ontario.
- Scenic cruising on all five Great Lakes—Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.
- Horse-drawn carriage tour of Victorian Mackinac Island, a national historic landmark, to see the famous 19th-century Grand Hotel and clifftop Fort Mackinac, built by British forces during the Revolutionary War.
- Excursion from Marquette, Michigan, to see the well-known Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, where the deep crystal waters of Lake Superior contrast with the mineral-streaked rock formations in a natural masterpiece of color.
- Visit to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, known to Native Americans as the “Gathering Place,” to see the Soo Locks, an engineering marvel allowing up to one hundred ships per day to navigate between Lake Superior and the lower Great Lakes.
- Tour of historic downtown Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, featuring the vast Museum Ship Valley Camp, known for its Edmund Fitzgerald exhibit.
- Visit to the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Center in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
- Time at leisure in the charming fishing town of Tobermory, Ontario, at the tip of scenic Bruce Peninsula.
- Guided tour of the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan, an impressive indoor-outdoor collection of American automobiles, technological innovations and important cultural artifacts, including bus #2857, the “Rosa Parks bus.”
- Scenic drive from the historic Welland Canal to witness the powerful natural wonder of Niagara Falls.
- Elegantly appointed Five-Star Suite or Stateroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.