Cruising the Great Lakes
The five Great Lakes, featuring an excursion to Mackinac Island Aboard LE BELLOT
Date: Mon, September 18, 2023 - Mon, September 25, 2023
Trip Status: Waiting for the brochure
Price: From $5,695
Activity Level: Easy
Region: North America
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Admire magnificent coastal scenery and discover nearly two centuries of North American innovation and maritime history on this one-of-a-kind cruise itinerary from Toronto to Milwaukee featuring all five Great Lakes. Experience the thunderous force of Niagara Falls, the historical charm of Mackinac Island, the unspoiled beauty of the UNESCO‑inscribed Niagara Escarpment, the Henry Ford Museum of Innovation in Detroit and. Transit the Welland Canal and Soo Locks, among the greatest engineering feats of the 19th century. Extend your journey with our exclusive Toronto Pre‑Program and/or Milwaukee Post Program Options.
- Depart home city to Toronto, Canada/Embark Le Bellot/ Lake Ontario
- Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada for Niagara Falls/Lake Erie
- Detroit, Michigan
- Detroit/Cruise Lake Huron
- Tobermory, Ontario, Canada (Lake Huron)
- Lake Superior Cruise/Transit the Soo Locks/Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- Mackinac Island/Lake Michigan
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin/ Return to home city
- Transit historic Welland Canal’s eight locks en route from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie.
- Full-day excursion to Niagara Falls, with a specially arranged cruise to Horseshoe Falls and a visit to the Floral Clock with an exclusive lunch at the Watermark Restaurant overlooking the falls.
- While in Detroit, birthplace of Motown, relive the ‘60s and ‘70s with a special evening of entertainment onboard.
- Visits to the Henry Ford Museum of Innovation, the Ford Mansion and the Detroit Institute of Art
- Private, glass-bottom boat cruise through Big and Little Tub Harbors and around Flowerpot Island in Tobermory, Ontario.
- Tour of the Museum Ship Valley Camp, including an exhibit of the infamous shipwreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, in historic Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
- Transit of the Soo Locks, an engineering marvel enabling ships to travel between Lake Superior and the lower Great Lakes at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
- Horse-drawn carriage tour of Victorian Mackinac Island to see the famous 19th‑century Grand Hotel and clifftop Fort Mackinac, with a specially arranged lunch at the elegant Grand Hotel.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988