A Circumnavigation of the South Island
Date: Wed, February 17, 2021 - Mon, March 1, 2021
Trip Status: Waiting for the brochure
Price: From $5,995
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrangements: Gohagan & Co.
Day 1: Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2: Cross the International Date Line
Day 3: Auckland, New Zealand
Day 4: Auckland
Day 5: Auckland/Northland Country/Aukland
Day 6: Auckland/Fly to Christchurch /Embark Le bellot
Day 7: Dunedin
Day 8: Dusky Sound and Doubtful Sound, Fiordland National Park
Day 9: Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park
Day 10: Cruising the Tasman Sea
Day 11: Cruising Queen Charlotte Sound/Picton
Day 12: Wellington
Day 13: Disembark ship/Christchurch/Fly to Auckland/Return to the U.S. or Canada
In Auckland, North Island
- Three nights in the deluxe, centrally located Pullman Auckland Hotel.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Welcome Reception in the hotel.
- City tour of Auckland, featuring Bastion Point and Parnell Village.
- Visit to the Auckland War Memorial Museum to see its extensive collection of Māori taonga (treasures) and a performance of the famous Māori hakahaka war dance.
- Full-day Northland District tour including a scenic drive to the Muriwai Beachand Gannet Colony; visit to a family-run farmstead with light refreshments; tour the sculpture gardens and art gallery at Sculptureum; lunch with wine; and a demonstration at an authentic sheep farm.
- City tour of Christchurch, including the delightful and historic Mona Vale Gardens.=
- Seven-night cruise of New Zealand’s South Island, round trip Christchurch.
- Elegantly-appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private balcony.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- All meals aboard ship.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Blue Eye–the world’s first luxury, multisensory underwater Observation Lounge.
- Expert-led excursions and onboard lecturers focusing on the natural wonders and history of New Zealand.
- Tour of Dunedin with visits to the Railway Station, Olveston Historic Home and Larnach Castle.
- Rare opportunity to cruise through magnificent Dusky, Doubtful andMilford Sounds in UNESCO World Heritage-designated Fiordland National Park.
- Zodiac excursions to view the rare flora and fauna of the incredibly biodiverse South Island.
- Scenic cruising of the beautiful coves and islets of Queen Charlotte Sound.
- Excursion to the Marlborough wine country, including a tasting at a Blenheim winery and a tour of the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, featuring a collection of World War I and II aircraft from the private collection of Sir Peter Jackson.
- Panoramic tour of Wellington featuring stunning views from Mount Victoria and including a visit to Old St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Visit to the national Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa.
Experience life “down under” in cosmopolitan Sydney. Enjoy the stunning views of its harbor, considered the finest in the world and an exclusive tour of the celebrated UNESCO-designated Sydney Opera House. See the Royal Botanic Garden; tour the historic “Rocks” district; and visit famous Bondi Beach, the Yiribana Aboriginal Art Gallery and The Gap, with breakfasting views overlooking Sydney. Accommodations are for three nights in the Five-Star Shangri-La Hotel Sydney.
New Zealand’s Southern Alps and The Remarkables
Extend your journey to New Zealand’s interior in UNESCO World Heritage-designated Mount Cook National Park and in Queenstown, located on Lake Wakatipu. Enjoy panoramic views from Bob’s Peak and cruise aboard an antique steamship across scenic Lake Wakatipu. Sample the acclaimed Otago region’s Pinot Noir during a wine tasting and visit delightful Arrowtown, rooted in the gold mining days of the 1860s. Enjoy one night in the deluxe Hermitage Hotel, surrounded by snow-capped Alpine peaks, and three nights in the ideally located Hotel St. Moritz.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988