Sailing the Windward Islands
St. Lucia, Martinique, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados
Date: Tue, March 5, 2019 - Tue, March 12, 2019
Trip Status: Taking Reservations
Price: From $4,695 plus international air
Activity Level: Moderate
Region: Central America
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Elude the depths of winter and experience seafaring in its most timeless form on this custom-designed, seven-night sailing experience amid the Caribbean’s tropical Windward Islands. Enjoy classic “life under sail”—the very best way to see the islands—aboard the exclusively chartered, 64-passenger, three-masted motor yacht Le Ponant, featuring all ocean-view Staterooms and an Observation Platform, ideal for viewing marine life and snorkeling amidst colorful coral reefs. Cruise from St. George’s, Grenada, into secluded harbors, exploring the natural and cultural treasures of the Windward Islands. Visit Soufriére’s Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens, volcano and Sulphur Springs; Martinique’s Clément Plantation and Rum Distillery; St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, including Bequia’s seaside Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary, Union Island with its dramatic volcanic peaks juxtaposing its flat and shallow coral reefs, and the awe-inspiring lagoons of Tobago Cays Marine Park; Grenada, the Spice Island; and Bridgetown, Barbados, known for colonial architecture, vibrant Bajan culture and, of course, the ever-blue ocean.
Depart the U.S./Vieux Fort, St. Lucia/Embark Le Ponant
Soufriére, St. Lucia/Rodney Bay
Kingstown, St. Vincent/Admiralty Bay, Port Elizabeth, Bequia, Grenadines/Chatham Bay, Union Island
Chatham Bay/Tobago Cays/St. George’s, Grenada
Bridgetown/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S.
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
- Experience “life under sail” aboard the exclusively chartered Le Ponant, a traditional motor/sailing yacht with sleek, stylish beauty.
- Only 32 Staterooms—a truly intimate sailing experience.
- All meals included—superb international cuisine on board the ship; complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Specially designed itinerary to the southern Caribbean’s Windward Islands, rarely visited and inaccessible to larger vessels.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment and opportunities to experience the coral reefs and marine life of the Grenadines.
- Enjoy flavorful, French-inspired cuisine; each meal served in a single, unassigned seating.
- Tastefully designed accommodations.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise.
- With 16,000 square feet of sails, sleek lines and stylish beauty, Le Ponant takes you back to the era of traditional sailing yachts.
St. Lucia Pre-Cruise Option
Barbados Post-Cruise Option
The Pre-Cruise and Post-Cruise Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988
Mode of Travel
Chartered Sailing Yacht Le Ponant
The intimate, three-masted, deluxe Le Ponant offers a captivating and unforgettable sailing experience—seafaring in its most traditional form. When the 16,000 square feet of majestic sails are unfurled, the ship’s sleek lines and elegant beauty evoke the Golden Age of Sail. A harmonious alliance of nautical tradition and great style, this small ship is designed to cruise into the most secluded harbors where larger vessels cannot reach, and the refined yet casual lifestyle on board is manifest in the warm charm of each Stateroom and in the crew’s impeccable service.
Each of the 32 ocean-view Staterooms features a window or porthole, private bathroom with shower, one fixed queen bed or one queen bed convertible into two twin beds, individual climate control, satellite flat-screen television, complimentary Wi-Fi, direct-dial telephone, safe, minibar, dressing table, hair dryer and plush robes.
Meals feature superb international cuisine and each is served in a single, unassigned seating. Breakfast and lunch can be enjoyed alfresco in the indoor-outdoor Le Diamant Panoramic Restaurant, and dinner is served in the elegant, wood-paneled Karukéra Restaurant. Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise.
The comfortable public areas showcase the ship’s tasteful sophistication favoring life in the open air. There are two lounges, expansive open-air decks that extend the full length of the vessel and an observation platform for viewing marine life. Fully equipped Zodiacs are used to facilitate landings. There is a doctor on board the ship.
The ship’s guest-to-crew ratio of less than two-to‑one allows the courteous, English‑speaking crew to provide attentive, professional service, and they are always delighted to answer your questions about their sailing maneuvers. Le Ponant will certainly captivate anyone who steps aboard its gleaming timber decks.
On board the exclusively chartered deluxe small sailing ship Le Ponant
- Seven-night cruise from Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, to Bridgetown, Barbados, with port calls at Soufrière and Rodney Bay, St. Lucia; Fort‑de‑France, Martinique; Kingstown, St. Vincent; Tobago Cays, Union Island and Bequia, the Grenadines; and St. George’s, Grenada; the most beautiful locales of the Windward Islands.
- Deluxe, ocean-view, air‑conditioned Staterooms, each with a private bathroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Superb international cuisine and Caribbean specialties each day at single, unassigned seatings, with breakfast and lunch indoors or alfresco in the elegant Le Diamant Panoramic Restaurant, and dinner in the sophisticated, wood‑paneled Karukéra Restaurant.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi available throughout the ship.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment.
Sailing the Windward Islands
- Visit to Soufrière to admire the beauty of St. Lucia’s Pitons, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring an excursion to Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens with its beautiful waterfall and to Soufrière Volcano and Sulphur Springs.
- Time in Rodney Bay to explore the ruins of Fort Rodney, and enjoy panoramic views at the top of Signal Hill, or an afternoon at leisure on the beach.
- Visit to Martinique’s beautifully preserved Clément Plantation and Rum Distillery, where then‑U.S. President George H.W. Bush and French President Francois Mitterand finalized the end of the Gulf War in 1991.
- Walk through the lush, artist-designed Balata Botanical Garden on Martinique.
- Island tour of St. Vincent from the historic city center of Kingstown.
- Tour of the verdant and mountainous Bequia, the most beautiful isle of the Grenadines and visit to the Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary where endangered hawksbill sea turtles are hatched, cared for and released into the wild.
- Time at leisure for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving on Union Island, Grenadines; renowned for its pristine reefs and colorful marine life.
- Island stop at the breathtaking Tobago Cays Marine Park, comprising nearly 1500 acres of lagoons and coral reefs, for the opportunity to snorkel among an abundance of vibrant marine life.
- Tour of Grenada, the Spice Island, featuring a visit to a local herb and spice garden of rare and common botanicals used in cooking, medicines and liqueurs.
- Specially arranged rum tasting at a Grenada distillery.
- Excursion on Barbados to tour its capital of Bridgetown, a UNESCO World Heritage site showcasing more than 350 years of English heritage and one of the oldest synagogues in the Western hemisphere.
- Visit to the world-renowned Mount Gay Rum Distillery, established in 1703, on Barbados.
Enhanced Travel Services
- Transfers and luggage handling if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, with experienced local guides.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Stateroom and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Director at your service.
Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by
Gohagan & Company.