Circumnavigation of Iceland
Exclusively Chartered Five-Star Small Ship m.s Le Soléal
Date: Mon, July 9, 2018 - Tue, July 17, 2018
Trip Status: Waiting for the brochure
Price: from approximately $5,995 per person
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Discover the stunning beauty and distinct culture of Iceland—one of the world’s most enchanting destinations—on this specially designed seven-night circumnavigation cruise of this extraordinary Nordic island nation. Cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship m.s. Le Soléal, featuring only 110 Suites and Staterooms. Look for orca, humpback whales and rare migratory birds; see landscapes of ancient Viking ruins and glittering glaciers atop simmering volcanoes; and touch ice fragments calved from one of Europe’s largest glaciers. Cross the Arctic Circle on Grímsey Island and cruise along the coast of Surtsey, Earth’s youngest island and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the majestic and rocky vista of a former lava lake and marvel at dramatic Goðafoss, the “Waterfall of the Gods.” Includes round-trip air from Boston, New York-JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Toronto and Washington Dulles; Low Air Add‑Ons are available for an additional $200 USD and $300 USD from select cities.± A Reykjavík, Golden Circle, Saga Trails Pre-Cruise Option is offered.
Air Included from Boston, New York-JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Toronto and
±Included airfare and Low Air Add-Ons have limited availability and are not guaranteed.
Reykjavík, Vigur Island, Ísafjörður, Siglufjörður, Akureyri, Lake Mývatn, Grímsey Island, Jökulsárlón, Heimaey Island
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Reykjavík, Iceland/Embark
- Vigur Island/Ísafjörður
- Húsavík for Lake Mývatn/Arctic Circle/Grímsey Island
- Day at Sea
- Djúpivogur for Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands) for Heimaey Island/Cruise along Surtsey Island
- Reykjavík/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary subject to change.
- Unique itinerary circumnavigating Iceland, available only from Gohagan & Company.
- Specially designed showcase of the enchanting “Land of Fire and Ice”—geothermal baths, mud pools, powerful waterfalls, geysers, rugged coastline, pristine glaciers.
- Air included from Boston, New York-JFK, Newark, Toronto, Washington-Dulles; Low Air Add-Ons available.±
- Seven-night cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship m.s. Le Soléal, able to cruise into ports, bays and inlets inaccessible to larger vessels.
- Exploration cruise with the advantage of altering course and launching the ship’s Zodiac excursion vessels when natural wonders unfold before your eyes.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise; all meals are included aboard ship.
- Experience to Iceland’s powerful waterfalls, steaming geysers, rugged coastline and pristine beauty.
- Cruise along the coast of Surtsey, Earth’s youngest island and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit Grímsey Island located directly on the Arctic Circle.
- Opportunity to view orcas, whales and rare migrating birds.
- Lectures aboard ship on geology and natural wonders.
- Learn from locals about the unique culture in Iceland.
- Reykjavík, Golden Circle, Saga Trails Pre-Cruise Option.
±Included airfare and Low Air Add-Ons have limited availability and are not guaranteed.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-684-2988
Mode of Travel
Ocean Cruise: M.S. Le Soléal
Exclusively Chartered Five-Star Small Ship m.s. Le Soléal
The exclusively chartered m.s. Le Soléal represents the newest generation of Five-Star small ships, featuring only 110 Suites and Staterooms, distinctive French sophistication and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
Elegantly appointed Suites and Staterooms, 95% with Private Balconies
Each air-conditioned deluxe Stateroom and Suite (200 to 484 square feet) features a private bathroom with shower and luxurious Five-Star hotel amenities and minibar with complimentary beverages; most have two twin beds that convert into one queen bed. Enjoy accommodation amenities including individual climate control, satellite flat‑screen television, safe, full-length closet, writing desk/dressing table, plush robes and slippers.
Chic and Casual Dining
International and regional cuisine is served in the stylish, spacious L’Eclipse dining room in single, unassigned seatings; alfresco in the casual Pytheas Restaurant; or from 24-hour room service. Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise. Continental and buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and a four-course dinner are served daily. Wine is served with lunch and dinner.
Spacious Public Areas/World-Class Service and Facilities
In keeping with the low passenger density, the public areas are spacious and inviting, and they can accommodate all passengers comfortably. Enjoy views from the Panoramic Lounge, nightly entertainment in the Main Lounge and lectures, cultural performances and film screenings in the state-of-the-art theater. There is a library, Internet salon, Sun Deck, swimming pool, beauty salon, spa, Turkish bath-style steam room, full range of fitness equipment and two elevators. The infirmary is staffed with a doctor and nurse. The highly trained and personable, English-speaking, international crew provides attentive service.
Respect for the Environment
The state-of-the-art propulsion system and custom-built stabilizers provide an exceptionally smooth, quiet and comfortable voyage. By design, the ship is energy efficient and environmentally protective of marine ecosystems and has been awarded the prestigious “Clean Ship” rating, an extreme rarity among ocean-cruising vessels. The ship has two tenders and 10 zodiacs.
Round-trip air is included from Boston, New York-JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Toronto and Washington-Dulles.±
On board the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, Small Ship
m.s. Le Soléal
- Seven-night featuring the circumnavigation of Iceland round-trip Reykjavík, with port calls at Vigur Island, Ísafjörður, Siglufjörður, Akureyri, Húsavík for Lake Mývatn, Grímsey Island, Djúpivogur for Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, and Heimaey Island.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise.
- All meals—early continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and dinner—throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Wine is served with lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Opportunities to alter course and launch the ship’s Zodiac excursion vessels as natural wonders unfold before your eyes.
- City tour of Reykjavik featuring the Pearl and the National Museum.
- Tour of the charming fishing town of Ísafjörður, featuring the Westfjords Heritage Museum, and Ósvör, one of Iceland’s oldest fishing stations.
- Visit to the herring boomtown of Siglufjörður, with a visit to the award-winning Herring Era Museum, featuring lively music demonstrations and sampling of Icelandic delicacies including herring and schnapps.
- Visit to the historic town of Akureyri, featuring a visit to the towering Church of Akureyri and the phenomenal Botanical Gardens.
- Scenic excursion to legendary Goðafoss Waterfall, beautiful Lake Mývatn, the amazing lava towers of Dimmuborgir, the unique craters at Skútustadir and the geothermal field of Namaskard.
- Crossing of the Arctic Circle (66°33’ N) on Grímsey Island.
- Full-day scenic excursion along Iceland’s stunning east coast from Djúpivogur to the
Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, highlighted by an awe-inspiring private cruise amongst Jökulsárlón’s many spectacular icebergs.
- Visit to Heimaey Island for a tour of Eldfell, “Fire Mountain,” to see ancient Viking ruins and lava fields.
- Cruise along the coast of Surtsey Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the youngest island on Earth.
Reykjavik w Golden Circle w Saga Trails Pre-Cruise Option
The captivating city of Reykjavík, along with its surrounding natural wonders, is the perfect introduction to your Circumnavigation of Iceland. Visit the famous Blue Lagoon, with time to rejuvenate in its mineral‑rich geothermal waters. See the Golden Circle—the UNESCO World Heritage‑designated Thingvellir National Park, where settlers founded arguably the world’s oldest parliament in A.D. 930; the spectacular, thundering Gullfoss waterfall; and Strokkur, the phenomenal natural fountain geyser. Retrace the footsteps of the Vikings along the ancient Saga Trails through picturesque Borgarfjörður, the setting of many Icelandic legends and myths. Accommodations are for two nights in a four‑star hotel.
The Pre-Cruise option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.