Professor of the Practice at the Sanford School of Public Policy
Cruising the Rivieras and Islands: France, Italy, Spain
Exclusively Chartered Five-Star Small Ship LE BOUGAINVILLE
Date: Wed, May 29, 2019 - Thu, June 6, 2019
Trip Status: Waitlist Only
Price: from $5,895 per person
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Cruise with us for seven nights from Rome to Barcelona aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship Le Bougainville. Enjoy the sun-drenched landscapes and lush, mountainous backdrops of the French and Italian Rivieras and islands, a glamorous retreat for artists, writers, nobility and gourmands. This unique, comprehensive itinerary immerses you in the region’s dynamic history, inimitable art and culture and stunning scenery, and features up to five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Carcassonne’s medieval fortifications and the picture-perfect cliffside villages of Italy’s Cinque Terre. Explore Corsica’s fortified town of Bonifacio. Choose to visit the Renaissance treasures of Florence or the Tuscan cities of Pisa and Lucca. Along the enchanting Côte d’Azur, enjoy a specially arranged excursion in alluring Monte Carlo, Monaco, the epitome of Riviera chic and home of St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Princess Grace is interred; walk along the vibrant Vieux Port in historic Marseille; and explore charming Nice. Rome Pre-Cruise and Barcelona Post-Cruise Options are available.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988
Mode of Travel
Five-Star Small Ship Le Bougainville
Luxury Expedition Ships, Innovative Design
The Le Bougainville ushers in a new generation of Five-Star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for an unparalleled expedition cruising experience to be launched in 2019. Venture where no ships have gone before, remote destinations where authentic encounters with captivating cultures, spectacular wildlife and majestic scenery await you.
Blue Eye The World’s First Luxury Underwater Observatory
Exclusive to the Ponant Explorer Fleet is the extraordinary Blue Eye, a multisensory underwater observation lounge that incorporates bionic and biomimetic decor and technology to immerse you in the beauty of the ocean’s ecosystem. Observe fascinating marine life, from melodic whales and graceful dolphins to majestic sea turtles and translucent jellyfish through the large subaquatic windows, enhanced by underwater illumination that runs the length of the ship. Digital screens and the specially designed global listening system relay the sights and sounds beneath the surface of the ocean.
Respect for the Environment
The newest additions to a fleet that has been awarded the prestigious “Clean Ship” designation,
a rarity among ocean‑cruising vessels, the ships are designed with energy efficient, advanced
eco-friendly features that protect fragile marine ecosystems while providing a safe and comfortable voyage.
92 Elegant Suites and Staterooms, 100% with Private Balconies
Each Five-Star Stateroom and Suite (up to 484 square feet) features a private balcony. Grand Deluxe Suites have a bay window and spacious private terrace. Accommodations offer two twin beds or one queen bed, individual climate control and luxurious hotel amenities.
Chic and Casual Dining
Dine indoors or alfresco on international and regional cuisine served in the stylish, spacious indoor‑outdoor restaurant, at the casual pool deck grill or from 24‑hour room service. Daily meals include continental and buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and a four‑course dinner.
Spacious Environment, Intimate Atmosphere
Inspired by the natural and nautical worlds, the warm and inviting public areas are marked by a refined elegance. Enjoy sweeping views from the lounges, which open to the outdoors, and lectures, cultural performances or film screenings in the state‑of‑the‑art theater. Relax in the spa and sauna rooms or the Sun Deck’s infinity-style swimming pool. Each ship has a beauty salon, fitness room and, for your convenience, two elevators. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the ship.
The highly trained, English‑speaking crew are personable and attentive, and the ship has an infirmary staffed with a doctor and nurse.
On board the exclusively chartered,
Five-Star small ship Le Bougainville
- Seven-night cruise from Civitavecchia, Italy, to Barcelona, Spain, with port calls at Bonifacio, Corsica, France; Livorno for Florence or Pisa and Lucca, Porto Venere for Cinque Terre, and Portofino, Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Nice, Marseille for Aix-en-Provence, and Sète for Carcassonne, France.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom and private balcony.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise.
- All meals—early continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and dinner—throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Wine is served with lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Blue Eye—the world’s first luxury, multisensory, underwater observatory.
- Walking tour of Bonifacio’s ancient, picturesque Old Town.
- Choice of a full-day excursion to Florence, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring visits to the octagonal Baptistery and a visit to the Accademia, or a full-day excursion to the Tuscan cities of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Lucca.
- Excursion along the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Cinque Terre to visit the charming cliffside villages of Riomaggiore and Vernazza.
- Evening at leisure in the picturesque Italian Riviera village of Portofino.
- Excursion to Nice featuring a walking tour of its charming Old Town.
- Walking tour in Monte Carlo, the epitome of French Riviera chic, and visit to St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Princess Grace is interred.
- Walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, featuring the Mazarin District, Old Aix, the Old Town Hall, the famous Cours Mirabeau and St. Sauveur Cathedral.
- Panoramic tour of Marseille featuring the historic Vieux Port (Old Port) and a visit to the magnificent Notre Dame de la Garde.
Excursion to Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage site, with visits to the Musée des Beaux Arts and the Romanesque Abbey of Fontfroide.