Cruising Tahiti and French Polynesia
Five-Star Small Sailing Ship m.s.y. Wind Spirit
Date: Tue, February 6, 2018 - Fri, February 16, 2018
Trip Status: Taking Reservations
Price: from approximately $6,795 per person
Activity Level: Easy
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Join us for a uniquely designed nine-night program in the tropical paradise of French Polynesia’s Society Islands. Sail for seven nights aboard the Five-Star m.s.y. Wind Spirit, a small sailing ship carrying only 148 guests and rated the #1 Tahiti cruise by Condé Nast Traveler. This small ship experience amidst the islands, atolls and motus of the South Pacific includes air from Los Angeles, all onboard gratuities, complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise, complimentary watersports and an exclusive excursion on each island. Tour the idyllic island landscapes of Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Visit a vanilla plantation and black pearl farm on Taha’a. Explore early Polynesian culture on Raiatea and Huahine. Join a marine biologist for dolphin-watching. Specially arranged lectures and discussions encompass the islands’ history and cultural heritage. This exceptional itinerary also includes two nights in the Five-Star Le Méridien Tahiti in enchanting Papeete. Post-Program Option in a deluxe seaside resort on Bora Bora is offered.
†Air included from Los Angeles and Air Add-Ons have limited availability and are not guaranteed.
Tahiti, Moorea, Taha’a, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Huahine
1 Depart the U.S. or Canada/Arrive Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands
4 Cook’s Bay, Moorea
6 Taha’a (Motu Mahana)/Bora Bora
7 Bora Bora
9 Opunohu Bay, Moorea/Papeete, Tahiti
10 Papeete/Disembark ship/Depart for the U.S. or Canada
11 Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary subject to change.
Included Air round trip Los Angeles/Papeete, Tahiti!†
Uniquely designed nine-night land/cruise featuring Tahiti and the natural beauty of the spectacular Society Islands—a South Pacific paradise.
Small sailing ship—only 148 guests!
Five-Star accommodations aboard the m.s.y. Wind Star.
Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise; all meals are included aboard ship.
All shipboard gratuities are included.
Complimentary fresh fruit and flowers in your Stateroom.
Specially arranged lectures and discussions on local culture and history.
Two nights in the Five-Star Le Méridien Tahiti, Papeete.
Visit six of the gorgeous Society Islands.
A specially arranged excursion included on each island.
Extraordinary visibility and color during optional snorkeling or scuba diving in turquoise lagoons.
Great value for a Five-Star South Pacific cruise program.
Bora Bora Resort Post-Program Option
Extend your sojourn in French Polynesia with two nights in a Five-Star seaside resort hotel on
Bora Bora, providing an authentic Polynesian experience. On Bora Bora’s dazzling Matira Point, enjoy magnificent, expansive ocean views from your deluxe beachfront or overwater bungalow. Observe the abundant marine life on a reef excursion, dine in one of the island’s gourmet restaurants for the exotic flavors of fresh local seafood prepared with French Polynesian flair, or enjoy the resort’s wide array of watersports and two white-sand beaches. This resort option includes breakfast daily and round-trip air between Tahiti and Bora Bora.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988
Mode of Travel
Ocean Cruise: M.S.Y Wind Spirit
Five-Star Sailing Yacht m.s.y. Wind Spirit
Rated the #1 cruise to book to Tahiti by Condé Nast Traveler, the intimate, four-masted Five-Star m.s.y. Wind Spirit offers an unforgettable and captivating sailing experience—seafaring in its most traditional form. A harmonious alliance of nautical history and elegant style, this small ship is designed to cruise among the islands, atolls and motus of Tahiti and French Polynesia, from deep seas into bays and shallow lagoons inaccessible to larger vessels, making it feel like your own private yacht.
Each of the 73 deluxe, ocean-view Staterooms and the Owner’s Suite features one queen bed (convertible to two twin beds), a private granite-finished bathroom with shower, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens and European amenities, individual climate control, flat-screen television with DVD player, Bose Sound Dock speakers for Apple iPods, Wi-Fi Internet access, safe, minibar, dressing table, hair dryer, plush robes and slippers. Complimentary fresh welcome flowers and fruit are provided in each Stateroom upon embarkation.
The elegant Amphor A dining room accommodates all guests at a single, unassigned seating, and an attentive staff serves contemporary international cuisine. Guests may enjoy indoor or outdoor dining in the Veranda restaurant for breakfast and lunch or reserve a table at Candles for alfresco evening dining. Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise. 24-hour room service is also available.
The inviting public areas are tastefully appointed and include a large lounge, where a program of enriching lectures is held, two bars, a comfortable library, spa, fitness center, boutique, casino, outdoor hot tub, a swimming pool and a watersports marina with complimentary kayaking and snorkeling equipment. There is no elevator on the ship. There is a doctor on board.
The international, English-speaking crew provides personable and attentive service throughout the cruise.
- Round-trip air is included from Los Angeles.†
- Two nights (air schedules permitting) in the Five-Star Le Méridien Tahiti.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Welcome Reception.
- Tour of Tahiti’s west coast featuring visits to the sacred Arahurahu Marae, Spring Garden of Vaipahi and Museum of Tahiti and Her Islands.
- Day room accommodations in Le Méridien Tahiti on Day 10.
On board the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship m.s.y. Wind Spirit
The most luxurious Small Ship sailing Tahiti and the Society Islands.
- Seven-night cruise round trip Papeete, Tahiti, with port calls at the idyllic islands of Moorea, Raiatea, Taha’a, Bora Bora and Huahine.
- Five-Star, ocean-view accommodations, each with a private bathroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary fresh fruit and flowers in your Suite or Stateroom.
- Onboard lecturer to provide educational discussions about Polynesian history, nature and culture.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise.
- All meals on board—breakfast, lunch and dinner—served open-seating style, allowing you to choose the venue, time and with whom you wish to dine.
- Complimentary kayaking in the pristine waters and lagoons surrounding the Society Islands.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment.
- Five-Star service, amenities and facilities on board.
- In-Suite dining and 24-hour room service.
- Dolphin-watching expedition off the coast of Moorea accompanied by a marine biologist.
- Cultural tour of Raiatea, a cradle of early Polynesian culture and a favorite destination of Captain Cook.
- Visit to a vanilla plantation and black pearl farm on Taha’a.
- Traditional Polynesian barbecue lunch on the private motu at Taha’a.
- Island tour on idyllic Bora Bora by “Le Truck,” the local open-air transport.
- Excursion on Huahine, with a focus on the cultural treasures of the ancient Polynesians.
- Tour of Moorea, the tropical paradise that inspired James Michener’s Bali Hai, featuring magnificent Belvedere Point.
Enhanced Travel Services
- Transfers and luggage handling is included abroad for participants who have booked their air tickets through Gohagan & Company on the program travel dates.
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, with experienced local guides.
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel and to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom aboard ship and on excursions.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship and in the hotel.
- The services of experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors throughout the program.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- A program of optional shore excursions is available at an additional cost.
†Air included from Los Angeles has limited availability and is not guaranteed.