Passage through The Panama Canal and Costa Rica
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star, All-Suite, Small Ship LE DUMONT D’URVILLE
Date: Wed, February 5, 2020 - Thu, February 13, 2020
Trip Status: Taking Reservations
Price: from $4,995 plus air
Activity Level: Active
Region: Central America
Arrangements: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Journey from the Costa Rican rainforest through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal. Spend one night in a deluxe hotel in San José, Costa Rica, then cruise for seven nights from Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, to Colón, Panama, aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Dumont d’Urville, launching in 2019 and featuring the world’s first luxury underwater observatory. Experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal and explore the terrestrial wonders of Costa Rica’s Manuel Antonio National Park and Curú National Wildlife Refuge. Call at rarely visited Isla Cébaco and discover the rich marine life in its vivid coral reefs. Tour Panama City, including its Casco Antiguo (Old Quarter), a UNESCO World Heritage site, and visit the San Blas Islands. Enjoy lectures by exclusive onboard study leaders throughout the itinerary. Extend your stay with the Costa Rica’s Cultural and Natural Riches Pre-Program and Dynamic Panama Post-Program Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada/Arrive San José, Costa Rica
- San José/Puerto Caldera/Embark Le Dumont d’Urville
- Curú National Wildlife Refuge/Isla Tortuga
- Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park
- Isla Cébaco, Panama
- Panama City
- Panama Canal Transit/Colón
- San Blas Islands
- Colón/Disembark ship/Agua Clara Visitor Center**/Panama City/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
**Agua Clara visit is departure flight time permitting.
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater observation lounge.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the newest Five‑Star expedition ship, Le Dumont d’Urville, launching in 2019.
- Only 92 Suites and Staterooms—each with a private balcony!
- Once-in-a-lifetimedaytime passage through the Panama Canal.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout cruise. Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard the ship.
- Comprehensive cruise/land program—islands, jungle, wildlife, culture, history—all excursions included.
- Accessing ports unavailable to larger vessels and an excursion included in each port.
- Onboard naturalist guides and specially arranged lectures.
- Visit Panama City’s Casco Antiguo, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Swimming and snorkeling opportunities in pristine waters offer extraordinary visibility and color.
- Costa Rica’s Cultural and Natural Riches Pre‑Program and Dynamic Panama Post-Program Options.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and fax it to (919) 660-0148 or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-684-2988