Duke Travels understands that recent events have changed the landscape of travel and that new protocols will be needed. The safety and security of our travelers is paramount. Duke Travels has implemented precautions and protocols for your safety in the past, and we will expand our efforts.
For the current situation:
We continue to monitor the countries in which all of our programs are operating, and the containment efforts put forth both here in the U.S. and abroad. For more information on COVID-19, please reference Duke’s Coronavirus Response website.
If you have specific concerns regarding one of our trips, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (919) 684-2988. As this is a fluid situation, we are updating our Duke Travelers accordingly.
Monitoring the World Situation:
Duke Travels monitors the world situation daily and accesses up-to-date information provided by the US Department of State, health outlets, and experts at Duke, such as Duke’s Global Travel Advisory Council and other institutional resources. Duke Travels works closely with all of its operators and their partners on the ground in the destination to inform its decisions about travel.
Safety and Health information before you travel:
- Before your trip, we recommend your register your travel with the US Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
- For information on vaccinations and health advisories in your destination visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Understanding the Terms & Conditions of Your Travel:
Duke Travelers are entering contractual agreement with the tour operator for their travel. Please carefully read the Terms & Conditions provided by each tour operator in the brochure or subsequent confirmation documents as these conditions pertain to deposits and payments, cancelation policies, and the policy in the event of various circumstances, which could affect your departure.
Safeguarding your investment:
Duke works with Meyer & Associates to offer you Travel protection. For more information, contact Meyer & Associates at (973-635-0567) to speak with someone, who will advise you on insurance.
Tour Operator Protocols during Travel:
In addition to the standard protocols for safety and security already in place during our travel programs, our operators are hard at work expanding their Health and Safety Protocols in response to the pandemic and to be launched once travel restrictions have eased. They are all investing an extensive amount of research to develop a comprehensive approach to best practices during tour operations.
Expanded Protocols will include:
- Passenger communications regarding on-site safe practices sent before departure and reiterated during travel
- Travel Director training on reinforcing hygiene, recognizing and responding to health issues, utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and gloves, and physical distancing
- A Travel Director kit, including a non-contact thermometer, PPE supplies and local health contacts
- Requirements that must be implemented by hotel, cruise ships and motor coach companies that include staff training, sanitation and procedural practices
- A checklist of actions to be taken should someone show symptoms
All operators will continue to refine their Health and Safety Protocols based on government guidelines and emerging information. In the meantime, they are working with our overseas partners to ensure everyone is ready when you are ready to travel again. In the coming months, we will add more information to dedicated webpages for our tour operators, which outline these safety protocols.
Duke Travels provides an Emergency Assistance Plan for all of its travelers. This plan is for emergency medical attention and evacuation, etc. This plan only covers the traveler in case of emergency during the program, and does not provide financial reimbursement for trip interruption. In case of emergency, protocols are in place for the Tour Operator’s response in coordination with their in-country operations and Duke Travels.
In case of emergency, Duke Travels is by your side and with you until you are home safely: MedEvac Coverage Details