On your side, by your side
It’s a testament to the special nature of Duke that the children and grandchildren of alumni so often include Duke among the colleges they are considering. Family ties that span generations are a valued part of our tradition. But as admission to Duke becomes more competitive, with record numbers of applicants, navigating the admissions process is more challenging than ever.
Duke Alumni is pleased to offer advice and assistance to the children and grandchildren of Duke alumni who are considering Duke for their undergraduate education. We provide a supporting voice for all alumni children and grandchildren who apply for undergraduate admission. This is part of the service we provide to all alumni families and does not need to be requested by the family. While Duke Alumni does not directly review applications or make admissions decisions, we do provide information and guidance to applicants and their families throughout the admissions process.
Duke conducts a holistic assessment of all candidates for admission. While alumni affiliation by no means ensures acceptance to Duke, the university values meaningful connection to Duke and its traditions and does note alumni status when reviewing applications.
- Visit the Duke Undergraduate Admissions website for more information about campus life and application deadlines
- Attend a virtual Admissions information session and tour
- For additional information, contact the Duke Alumni to set up a non-evaluative discussion about Duke and the admissions process (Meeting times are limited).
- Consider attending our Alumni Admissions Forum to gain expert advice on college admissions
- Be sure to accurately note the name, degree and year of graduation of any alumni in your family on your application
- Apply in time to have an interview with a Duke alum in your area
- Learn about Duke's alumni scholarships