A home base for alumni
Where We Are
In 2019, Duke Alumni staff moved to the Karsh Alumni and Visitors Center, the university's first home for alumni located at the corner of Duke University Road and Chapel Drive.
Currently the center is closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Duke Alumni staff are working remotely. Please check https://returnto.duke.edu for the latest information on campus buildings that have re-opened to visitors.
The New Forlines House
Duke’s new alumni center will be built around the historic home at 615 Chapel Drive. Situated at the main gateway to campus, the house was completed around 1931 as one of Duke’s first “faculty houses,” a handful of private residences designed by Horace Trumbauer as part of the original construction of West Campus. It was for many years the family home of William H. Wannamaker, dean of Trinity College from 1917-1948, and most recently housed the offices of Duke’s Office of News and Communications. Upon the opening of the new alumni center, the house will be officially renamed Forlines House, in honor of John A. Forlines Jr. ’39, who served as Duke Alumni Association president in 1970-71 and whose family provided funding to restore DAA’s previous offices at 614 Chapel Drive, as well as our new home across the street.