Event Refund Policy
Before attending an event, consider the following community safety guidelines for Duke-sponsored off-campus events:
- Please stay home if you do not feel well.
- Duke University expects all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to arriving at this event.
- Attendees who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine are expected to have a negative COVID-19 test before attending this event.
- We ask everyone to wear a mask while indoors.
- Please stay home regardless of vaccination status if:
- you have been tested for COVID-19 within 48 hours prior to the event and have not yet received the results or
- you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours prior to the event.
- If Duke has collected a registration fee, refunds will be provided for all cancellations due to illness.
Because of this protocol,
- registration is required and walk-ins are discouraged; and
- contact information of registrants and guests will be collected during registration. This information will only be kept in Duke records and not shared publicly.
Event Cancellation by Sponsor
The Duke Alumni Association (DAA) reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
If DAA cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
These above policies apply to all DAA Events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.