All for Duke. All for you.
What We Do
All over the world, the name “Duke” signifies more than just an outstanding university. It represents a vibrant and diverse community – a family that is continuously growing and adding new members, whose spirit and determination are unrivaled. The Duke Alumni Association exists to represent, mobilize and serve this community on campus and around the world.
Our mission is to create lifelong connections between alumni and Duke that transform the university, its students and fellow alumni. DAA works to achieve its vision by doing the following:
- Engaging alumni in the ongoing life of the university
- Connecting alumni with each other and with resources and opportunities to advance their interests
- Celebrating the achievements of Duke and its alumni around the world
Engage. Connect. Celebrate.
Through our programs and activities, we embody the spirit of Forever Duke — the conviction that your educational experience at Duke is the beginning of a lifelong relationship that reaps rewards for both you and the university. What are some of the ways DAA engages, connects and celebrates with you?
- Hosting signature on-campus celebrations such as Reunions and Homecoming
- Creating educational, social and cultural events that bring together alumni around the world
- Connecting alumni to enhance personal and professional networks
- Providing opportunities for alumni to mentor students and to share expert feedback and career guidance
- Keeping alumni up-to-date through communications such as the award-winning Duke Magazine, Duke Blue Connections, regional emails and DAA social media
- Promoting ways for alumni to be involved in the life of the university, such as through volunteer opportunities, mentoring, service and leadership to university programs
- Offering benefits such as alumni email, campus library resources, on-campus perks and access and exclusive alumni discounts on insurance and other products
Our history: Key dates