Coming Soon: A Campus Home for Alumni
The Karsh Alumni and Visitors Center
Duke’s new alumni center will be a state-of-the-art home for alumni when they return to campus. Situated at the main entrance to campus at Chapel Drive and Duke University Road, the center will include event space, meeting rooms, offices and Duke-themed exhibitions and displays. Construction is underway, with completion expected in summer 2019.**Please note policies and procedures regarding space availability and reservations for the KAVC have not yet been finalized; please refrain from reaching out regarding reserving the space at this time. Thank you.
Scheduled to be completed in summer 2019, the Karsh Alumni and Visitors Center will include three new buildings, which wil be constructed behind the historic home at 615 Chapel Drive. The new buildings – the large events pavilion, a smaller meeting space and an office building – will ring a grassy quadrangle that will be used for outdoor events. Key features of the center include:
- A grand hall that can be configured to host several hundred guests for meetings and events;
- A more intimate event space designed for board meetings and smaller gatherings;
- A technology wall that will allow visitors to explore Duke history, points of pride and the accomplishments of alumni;
- High-tech conference rooms that will enable faculty to teach online classes or connect students to alumni experts around the world;
- A café, a small library and lounge areas;
- An office building housing Duke’s alumni affairs staff.