Eight-night cruise from Honfleur, France, to Glasgow, Scotland, featuring guest speakers Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Allen Packwood OBE, Director of Churchill Archives Centre Aboard LE BELLOT
Date: Thu, May 18, 2023 - Sat, May 27, 2023
Trip Status: Taking Reservations
Price: From $6,995
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrangements: Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Discover the legacy of the Celts in France, Wales, Ireland and Scotland on this spectacular educational journey. Enjoy two full-day excursions to the historic D-Day beaches of Normandy—each guided by acclaimed historians Dwight David Eisenhower II and Allen Packwood OBE, in Cherbourg, France. Continue your journey through the heart of Dublin, Ireland, to Wales, onward to Tobermory and Isles of Iona, and then explore Glasgow, Scotland. Complement your journey with the Paris/Honfleur Pre-Program and/or the Edinburgh/Glasgow Post-Program Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Paris/Honfleur, France/Embark Le Bellot
- Caen for Arromanches and Omaha Beach
- Cherbourg, France
- Tresco, Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom
- Dublin, Ireland
- Holyhead, Wales, for Caernarfon
- Isle of Iona
- Kyle of Lochalsh
- Glasgow/Greenock, Scotland/Disembark ship/ Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Two full-day excursions to the D-Day beaches of Normandy with visits to Utah and Omaha Beaches, Sainte‑Mére‑Èglise, including a visit to the American military cemetery.
- City tour of Dublin, featuring a visit to Trinity College to see the legendary Book of Kells. Traditional Irish music and dance entertainment aboard ship.
- Visit to Caernarfon Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and 19th-century Bodnant Garden, with picturesque views of the Snowdonia Mountains in Wales.
- Visit to the Isle of Iona featuring the historic Iona Abbey.
- Visit 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle and enjoy a scenic excursion across the Isle of Skye.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988