Juli Plant Grainger Associate Professor of Energy Economics and Policy, and Executive Vice Dean
Costa Rica and Passage through the Panama Canal
Aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star expedition ship LE BELLOT
Date: Fri, January 20, 2023 - Sat, January 28, 2023
Trip Status: Taking Reservations
Price: From $5,695
Activity Level: Moderate
Region: Central America & the Caribbean
Arrangements: Gohagan & Co.Download the brochure
Begin your nine-day expedition with a night in San José, Costa Rica, then cruise for seven nights from the Costa Rican rainforest through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal—an experience unmatched for sheer drama and engineering prowess. Explore the wonders of Costa Rica’s Curú National Wildlife Refuge and Manuel Antonio National Park and visit seldom-visited Cébaco Island. Tour Panama City and experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal. Extend your stay with the San José Pre-Program and/or Panama City Post-Program Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada/Arrive in San José, Costa Rica
- San José/Puerto Caldera/Embark Le Bellot
- Curú National Wildlife Refuge/Tortuga Island
- Quepos for Manuel Antonia National Park
- Rio Seco Rainforest
- Cébaco, Panama
- Panama City
- Panama City/Colón
- Colón/Agua Clara Visitor Center (time permitting)/Panama City/ Depart for U.S. or Canada
- Tour of San José, including visits to the National Theater and National Museum.
- Guided tour through Curú National Wildlife Refuge to see a wide array of wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Excursion to remote Tortuga Island.
- Excursion in stunning Manuel Antonio National Park with a naturalist-led trail walk in protected rainforest.
- Visit to unspoiled Cébaco Island, with opportunities to swim and snorkel.
- Tour of Panama City, highlighted by visits the new Frank Gehry‑designed Biodiversity Museum
- and the Panama Canal’s informative Miraflores Visitor Center.
- Daylight passage through the Panama Canal, accompanied by a narration on the history of the canal.
- Scenic transfer from Panama City to Colón, including a visit to the Agua Clara Locks Visitor Center.
Reservations and Information
To reserve, complete a registration form in the brochure and mail to Duke Travels, Box 90572, Durham, NC 27708, or call (919) 684-2988 to reserve conveniently over the phone and let us know you are mailing your reservation form to hold your space.
To learn more about our travel program or any of our upcoming trips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-684-2988