Harness the power of Duke for your career
When you combine the talent and expertise of Duke alumni with their expansive global reach, you get a powerful professional network capable of influencing success in any industry. We put this dynamic network at your fingertips. Here are some steps you can take to enhance your professional network.
EIGHT Things You Can Do Now to Tap Into Duke Alumni Resources for Career Support:
- Tap into the 175,000+ strong community for advice, networking and mentorship when you AskABlueDevil.duke.edu
- Update your profile on alumni.duke.edu – do the LinkedIn import (or re-do it if it’s been a while)
- Use the search filters, Industry Groups and Affinity Groups to find alumni who have careers that interest you. Reach out for an informational interview.
- Join the Duke Alumni Network LinkedIn group – use it together with the alumni network to find the best contacts
- Search for and share professional opportunities from our Jobs and Networking page.
- Reach out to one of our Alumni career coaches
- Check out our virtual, professional development resources, such as our newsletter and other Duke online learning opportunities
- Explore Duke career centers and their online guides and resources. More information can be found here.
Want to support Duke students in their professional development? Let us know!
Use the Duke Directory
Alumni can view more than 150,000 profiles of Duke classmates by logging in to this site. Using this exclusive network, alumni and students can search for connections in specific industries or companies, identify potential mentors and expand their personal and professional contacts.
- Use the Duke directory together with LinkedIn to find the best contact information for a connection. Check out our Duke Alumni LinkedIn group!
- Update your own profile in the directory – and import* your LinkedIn profile so you can be found!
* Consider re-importing once a year, to keep your alumni profile fresh.
Join an industry group
Join or propose an industry group to connect with other Duke alumni working in your industry and learn about networking and educational events. Other Duke professional and networking opportunities include:
- Duke Entertainment, Media and Arts Network (DEMAN): The DEMAN community supports connections between alumni and students working in and/or interested in creative industries through mentoring, internships and job opportunities. Visit the DEMAN Lounge for career resources, advice and more ways to connect.
- Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network (DukeGEN): An active alumni group that provides energy and support to Duke entrepreneurs. Connect with DukeGEN on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Duke Policy and Politics Network (DPPN): maintains an active discussion group for Duke alums who self-identify as being part of the policy and politics world and hosts events.
Attend a virtual Professional Development event or workshop
Duke Alumni and partners across campus host career networking and professional development sessions where alumni can meet people, make new connections and explore career interests. Check out the Events Calendar and sign up for our Professional Development Newsletter to stay in the loop!
Job Listings and Resources
- Duke Alumni job board
- Duke University Alumni Network (LinkedIn)
- #DukeAlumniJobs (Twitter)
- Jobs resources for creative industries (DEMAN)
- Job Openings in Science & Society
- Handshake (Duke Career Center's job board; alumni can register using a OneLink account)
- Graduate and Professional School Career Centers and job boards
- Jobs at Duke
- Alumni Career Coaches (Duke alumni career coaches who offer discounts to alumni)
Looking to Hire or Support Duke students professionally?
Duke’s career centers offer a rich variety of resources that alumni can access, including job boards and online skill guides with tips on networking, informational interviewing, resumes, building an online profile and self-inquiry.
Visit your career center to learn more about services offered to alumni.