Passing along from Knowable Head of Business Development
Please feel free to circulate with your lists and if anyone is interested or you would recommend someone please feel free to have them reach out to me in addition to applying. I’d be happy to help anyone you all refer for the job.
Who We Are (Knowable):
As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, view, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. With more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control to enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise. We are seeking a Director, Commercial Excellence to join our team. Come be a part of it!
About the role:
With our backing and proven success, we’re looking someone to support the commercial organization in managing the development and production of persuasive, compliant and timely proposal responses to customer requests for information (RFI), requests for proposals / tenders and other procurement or client-related proposal requests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the overall end-to-end process, including RFP analysis, bid/no bid decisions, proposal submission milestones and timelines, proposal outlines, win strategy development and developing proposal responses, in strong partnership and collaboration with Sales Lead for each proposal
- Coordinating inputs from a variety of functional areas such as solutions architecture, legal, product and R&D, information security, and marketing
- Creating and/or collating the content in a professional format for proposal submission including but not limited to slides, graphics, tables, word documents or PDFs
- Developing and employing tools to ensure the response is fully compliant with RFP requirements
- In partnership with the Director of Commercial Excellence, identifying win themes and key differentiators that position Knowable as the preferred provider for contracts intelligence solutions
- Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of Knowable products, services, and solutions; business strategies and competition
- Promoting company-wide understanding and adherence to the RFP process
- Tracking and managing metrics for wins/losses
- Contributing to proposal database repository including FAQs, templates and examples
- Evaluating and recommending process improvements including standard proposal templates, response language, and other best-in-class proposal development tactics
- Managing and coordinating the completion of miscellaneous vendor forms, supplier due diligence and security questionnaires
We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission and to our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures, and find opportunity in adversity. We surround ourselves with inspiring, talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion for what they do. We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human, and memorable. We care about the little things.
• Generate new, creative, and disruptive ideas to change the status quo in their fields.
• Possess an unbelievable work ethic and unwavering commitment to quality.
• Stretch beyond what’s expected and prioritize ongoing learning and development.
• Assume best intentions and take a ‘glass half full’ approach to their work.
• Bring others together, creating strong relationships across lines of difference.
• Seek to understand and learn from perspectives counter to their own.
• Leave a lasting impression.
• Fresh Minds: We are proudly nerdy, with the expertise and ambition to lead a whole industry into a smarter era of contract data
• Hardy Souls: We are scrappy and determined, and we don't believe in drama
• Open Hearts: We are genuine, generous, and fearlessly direct with each other, our clients and the market
• Uniting: We are naturally collaborative, always striving to come together across disparate backgrounds, cultures, and time zones
- You have three to five years of related experience; minimum two years bid management experience.
- You are highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail and pattern recognition; you manage your time well and possess expert judgment and decision-making skills.
- You are a high-impact communicator with strong project management skills and comfortable leading without authority
- You’ve mastered the art of storytelling, presentation design and PowerPoint slide creation
- You’re resourceful and know how to put the pieces together to create a winning proposal
- You demonstrate a relentless service orientation, effortlessly form trusted-advisor relationships, are catalytic in your desire to improve the status quo, and can operate effectively within a highly collaborative team environment.
- You are legally eligible to work in the location where this job is located.